Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stovetop Cooking

Yesterday was one of those days. You know the kind, the ones where absolutely everything seems to go against you.


In the kitchen, that translated into completely messing up a recipe. I forgot to chill my crust ahead of time, and then forgot to prick it, so it puffed up in the Easy Bake Oven despite the fact that I was using pie weights. Then I managed to explode the 2 little jars I had been using as pie weights (don't ask), after which I dropped my bowl full of tofu ricotta all over the kitchen floor.


Next I burned a batch of garlic, and then my thumb while trying to get the garlic out of the pan. Thankfully, even after all of that, my version of Heidi's Lasagna Tart still managed to turn out pretty well.


As for me, I went to go console myself with a long bubble bath. And instead accidentally turned the shower on, soaking through my robe. Sigh. At least today is a new day.

No comments: