Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stovetop Cooking

This salad might have temporarily moved aside my faux tuna salad as my favorite lunch. It's light, refreshing, and delicious.


Use whatever veggies are on hand for the base of the salad, mine was shredded cabbage, carrots, cucumber, pine nuts, green beans, and red onion. It is topped with baked tofu that marinated in tahini, garlic, soy sauce, and white wine, which was very tasty, but what really makes the salad is the dressing.

The carrot ginger dressing is adapted from Martha Stewart's recipe - basically I just reduced the amount of ginger, and then all ingredients get tossed in a blender. It's so good, I think I could just drink it.
  • 1/2 C carrot juice
  • 1/2 C tofu
  • 1 to 1.5 T ginger, minced or grated
  • 2 T rice-wine vinegar
  • 1 T soy sauce

No comments: