Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back in the Game

Shortly before my visit to the States, I learned that my tennis buddy was moving back to Australia. Not only was I really going to miss her (and hanging out at the Hilton, and speaking English...), but I had also enjoyed playing on a regular basis, and I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to keep that up.


After walking by locked tennis courts in our area, we decided to check out the posted website to see how we could go about using them. It turned out that you need to set up an account in person, after which it is possible to reserve court times on the website.


I was nervous about trying to set up an account (as my Japanese is, well, not great), but M surprised me one day by going into the Sports and Rec office to set up an account for us, and he reserved a court for us so we could play last night. He's the best!! We enjoyed playing under the lights and were joined by a number of bugs and bats, making for an extra entertaining game. Unfortunately the courts are totally booked through July, but it's nice to know we can get back out there in August!

No comments: