Friday, January 31, 2014

Week 5

http://instagram.com/p/j2LBJfievx/


The item: My Twitter account. 
The backstory: The idea of getting rid of one thing a week isn't just about purging physical items and clearing space, it applies to mental space too. I can't keep up with all of the social media platforms out there, and Twitter is one that I felt like I should be on, because a number of my coworkers are, but I'm finally embracing the fact that it just isn't for me. It makes me feel like I'm at an obnoxiously loud bar, where everyone resorts to shouting at each other, and you're awkwardly listening into conversations that aren't really public, but aren't really private either. And then there's the overserved individual in the corner who just keeps yelling out things to no one in particular. Bleah. 
Method of expulsion: Deletion.
Monetary impact: None.
YTD monetary impact: $7.05

Confused? Here's what's going on.

No comments: