Sunday, July 5, 2009

Roasted Summer Veggie Soup

Our CSA box of veggies was huge last week and due to a couple nights of no cooking (one of them being our last dinner with A before she moves back to the States - sniff) we were rapidly approaching the end of the week with a refrigerator full of veggies threatening to turn. Combined with the fact that M was feeling under the weather, I decided that soup was the best option. So I took a cue from my slacker of a blogging cousin and roasted everything I could get my hands on.


That ended up being 3 carrots, 2 Japanese eggplants, 1 zucchini, half of a huge white onion, a few garlic cloves, and the kernels off of 3 ears of corn - all drizzled with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. All of that got tossed into the blender (in batches) with four cups of my favorite veggie broth and then warmed back up on the stove. Delicious.

No comments: