Monday, September 20, 2010

Tomato and Corn Pie

After receiving a plethora of delectable tomatoes from a friend's garden, I was searching all of my favorite food blogs for tomato inspiration, and Smitten Kitchen's Tomato and Corn Pie rose to the top.


A savory biscuit-crusted pie hiding layers of fresh corn, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese - how could I resist?


I didn't! Although our pie had a puddle at the bottom of it (seeding the tomatoes didn't seem to make a difference), I just poured off the liquid, and it still tasted fine.


More than fine actually as I went back for seconds!

4 comments:

bearded brussel sprout said...

wow that looks amazing

Lindsay-Jean said...

Thanks! :)

K and S said...

I think anything with a flaky crust would be delicious :)

Lindsay-Jean said...

Good point Kat, I totally agree!