Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Molasses Sugar Cookies


Enough with the healthy recipes flooding the blogosphere. It's 7 degrees out. Seven. And the wind chill makes it feel like -6 degrees. I love salads and kale, but with those conditions they're the last things I want to be eating. I want more cookies.

These are very slightly adapted from my grandmother's recipe (and her recipe is actually Betty Crocker's).

Molasses Sugar Cookies

3/4 C melted butter, cooled slightly
1 C sugar
1/4 C molasses
1 egg
2 t baking soda
2 C all-purpose flour
1 t ground ginger
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt

Mix ingredients in order given. Chill dough for 30 minutes. Form into 1" balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place 2" apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 315 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


2 comments:

K and S said...

I wish we had warmer weather to send you, but these cookies with something warm to drink look like they may help to make things better. Take care!

Lindsay-Jean said...

Thanks Kat!