Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Selling Religion Like Cookies

Last week two men with softly colored collared shirts ("friendly, yet serious!") strode up to our front door clutching pamphlets. I did what any sane person would do. I hid.

What? You're a mature adult and would have answered the door? Good for you.

Call me crazy, but I'm not a big fan of discussing my religious/spiritual beliefs with strangers. It's personal, you know? And I don't like being told that unless I change them, I'll be headed to a place I don't believe exists.

After they left, I briefly flipped through the handout, and fixated on the multiple choice question "Which Jesus is the correct Jesus?" I was instantly disappointed that I hadn't answered the door and busted out my best Will Ferrell impression.

"Dear Tiny Infant Jesus.... Look, I like the Christmas Jesus best... When you say grace you can say it to Grown-Up Jesus, or Teenage Jesus, or Bearded Jesus or whoever you want."


No comments: